Butchery workers for busy farm shop
Our client is looking for candidates to join their butchery team at their busy farm shop which is located at a thriving garden centre.
Their on site Butchery provides beef and lamb reared on their own farm. They also stock homemade sausages, burgers and other locally reared meats including Saddle Back pork and free range chicken. The farm shop is open 7 days a week so the role will include weekend work.
The successful candidates MUST have previous relevant experience in this sector:
* Butcher trained and able to assist in break down of beef carcass, pork and lamb.
* Process and prepare beef, lamb and pork for the farm shop retail counters.
* Must have extensive knowledge of meat cuts and standard weights.
* Prepare steaks, cutlets and loins
* Must know how to determine which portions to grind and decide how much meat to make into products such as sausages, minced meat etc
* Must pass a knife test
* Must be able to work well in a team
40-42.5 hrs per week 5/6 working days per week. 07.30am - 16.30pm (30min lunch break). Wages paid weekly (week in arrears)
At the moment no accommodation is available but they are looking into temp accommodation (mobile home) on site, but this not confirmed.
Pay rates will depend on experience, please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Hubbard
- E: email@example.com
Phone us: 01989 500 130